Friday, April 25, 2008

Accepted!

I received some great news today. I have been accepted to the post-professional doctoral program (ScD) at Texas Tech! Some of you who know me understand I have gone through quite a bit of soul searching to decide what direction I wanted to take my academic career. I strongly believe this program has the balance of academic and clinical education for this stage in my PT career.

If you are unfamiliar with the ScD designation as it relates to other doctoral degrees, I've included a Wikipedia reference to it. (Note: I don't make a habit of referencing Wikipedia, but it did offer a good description of the title.)

I'm sure there will be many challenges along the way and I won't always be this giddy about the process. Presently however, I am extremely excited about the opportunity and look forward to sharing my experiences along the way.

Thanks to all my family, friends, and colleagues who provided counsel to me in making my decision. You know who you are! Take care and see you at the next update!

2 comments: